The RadHubTile control which is a part of the Telerik RadControls for Windows Phone suite brings the Windows Phone home screen experience to your App .
The hub tile or live tiles provides the tile behaviors like animations, update of data on tiles etc.
To add the RadHubTile to your Windows Phone Page, you can add the following XAML code to your Windows Phone page.
<telerikPrimitives:RadHubTile Height="211" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="12,26,0,0" Name="radHubTile1" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="204" />
If you want to add the RadHubTile via code behind , you can create an instance of RadHubTile like the code below
RadHubTile tile1 = new RadHubTile(); this.ContentPanel.Children.Add(tile1);
You should also add the following namespace in your code behind file
RadHubTile consists of some important components like
You can set these properties from XAML or code behind
tile1.Title = "Hubtile sample"; tile1.Count = 25; tile1.Message = "@isenthil";
The RadHubTile also has properties like Back Content, Visual Updates and lots of other features which i will explain in the coming posts
Latest posts by Senthil Kumar (see all)
- How to Turn the Flash On or Off from Windows Phone 8 App ? - July 29, 2014
- Forcing the Theme for a Windows Phone 8 App - July 29, 2014
- How to Get the Windows Phone App version from WMAppManifest file ? - July 27, 2014
- Presented at BDotNet Wednesday Hangout – VS13 New Features for ASP.Net Applications - July 26, 2014
- How to detect the audio endpoint device in Windows Phone 8 App ? - July 26, 2014