The RadHubTile control which is a part of the Telerik RadControls for Windows Phone suite brings the Windows Phone home screen experience to your App .
The hub tile or live tiles provides the tile behaviors like animations, update of data on tiles etc.
To add the RadHubTile to your Windows Phone Page, you can add the following XAML code to your Windows Phone page.
<telerikPrimitives:RadHubTile Height="211" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="12,26,0,0" Name="radHubTile1" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="204" />
If you want to add the RadHubTile via code behind , you can create an instance of RadHubTile like the code below
RadHubTile tile1 = new RadHubTile(); this.ContentPanel.Children.Add(tile1);
You should also add the following namespace in your code behind file
RadHubTile consists of some important components like
You can set these properties from XAML or code behind
tile1.Title = "Hubtile sample"; tile1.Count = 25; tile1.Message = "@isenthil";
The RadHubTile also has properties like Back Content, Visual Updates and lots of other features which i will explain in the coming posts
Latest posts by Senthil Kumar (see all)
- How to Use jQuery in Windows Store App ? - August 30, 2014
- Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows Runtime Apps How to #14 – Text Trimming for TextBlock Element. - August 26, 2014
- Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows Runtime Apps How to #13 – How to Change the Start Page of the App ? - August 25, 2014
- FSIAnyCPU Feature in Visual Studio 2013 - August 21, 2014
- Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows Runtime Apps How to #12 – How to Add a Application Bar in Windows Phone 8.1 App ? - August 19, 2014